- Are KitchenAid Appliances Made by Whirlpool?
- Can the Water Filter Cause the Ice Maker Not to Work?
- Do I Have to Use an Authorized Service Center for Appliance Repair?
- How Do I Clean My Stainless Steel KitchenAid Refrigerator?
- How Do I Reset My Whirlpool Washing Machine?
- How Do You Clean Sub Zero Drain Tubes?
- How Do You Know if Your Refrigerator Compressor is Bad?
- How Much Ice Should My Ice Maker Make?
- How Often Should I Do Maintenance on My Refrigerator?
- Is it Important to Do Regular Maintenance on My Sub Zero Refrigerator?
- My Kitchen Aid Built-In Refrigerator Isn't Cooling Properly
- My Sub Zero Refrigerator Is Leaking Water
- My Sub Zero Refrigerator Is Not Making Ice
- My Water Filter is StuckMy Kitchen Aid Refrigerator
- What Causes a Kenmore Washing Machine to Stop Working?
- What is Wrong with My Whirlpool Washer?
- When Should I Do My First Maintenance on My Sub Zero Refrigerator?
- Why Does My Fridge Keep Freezing Up?
- Why Does My Garbage Disposal Back Up into the Other Sink?
- Why Does My Whirlpool Refrigerator Keep Shutting Off?
- Why is My Dishwasher Not Draining?
- Why is My Fridge Frozen at the Back?
- Why is My Refrigerator So Loud?
- Why is My Sub-Zero Refrigerator Flashing Vacuum Condenser?
- Why is Water Leaking from Underneath My Sub-Zero Appliance?
- Why Won't My Garbage Disposal Run?
- Do I have to use an authorized service center for appliance repair?
- Does American Appliance Repair use factory-certified parts?
- Does American Appliance Repair offer emergency service?
- How do I schedule a service call?
- What can I expect during a service visit?
- Why did I receive a lower repair quote from another company?
- Why isn’t my new fridge cold?
- Is it normal for my refrigerator to run constantly?
- Why are there suds left in my washing machine?
- How long should it take to dry a load of laundry?
- Why isn’t my dishwasher draining?
- Why won’t my gas burners light?
- Why is my oven glowing, but not heating?
- How can I decide if my appliance is worth repairing?
If you don’t find the answer to your question on this page, do not hesitate to call us at 800-640-9934 and ask for help.
Do I have to use an authorized service center for appliance repair?
If you want hassle-free warranty repairs, you need to use an authorized service center. Using an authorized service center also ensures that your appliances are only touched by qualified technicians who have completed the manufacturer’s training courses and will provide repairs in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines. American Appliance Repair is an authorized service center for Amana, Jenn-Air, Maytag, Scotsman, and Whirlpool.
Does American Appliance Repair use factory-certified parts?
Yes, whenever possible we recommend using the specific parts that the manufacturer recommends for your appliance. Often this means factory-certified parts. These parts will last longer and work better than generic parts. We sell all kinds of high-quality appliance parts through our online store.
Does American Appliance Repair offer emergency service?
We do not offer after-hours service. However, we do take pride in responding to most service calls on the same day you contact us. Our regular service hours are Monday-Friday 8-5 and Saturday 8-12.
How do I schedule a service call?
Please call us at 800-640-9934 or use our convenient online contact form to request service.
What can I expect during a service visit?
When you work with American Appliance Repair, you can expect to receive top quality service at a fair price. We will send out a courteous technician with ample training and experience on your specific appliance. Your technician will thoroughly troubleshoot the appliance to determine the root cause of the problem and then provide you with an estimate for the recommended repair. We carry many replacement parts in our vehicles so it is highly likely your repair will be completed in one visit. We never leave a mess behind and we are always happy to answer your questions in detail.
Why did I receive a lower repair quote from another company?
American Appliance Repair makes every effort to offer fair and competitive prices. One common reason that other companies may quote you a lower price is that they are not actually going to complete the repair as recommended by the manufacturer. For example, instead of replacing the entire control board (as many manufacturers recommend) they may want to just replace one damaged component. This may solve the short term problem, but by leaving the old component in place you may be at risk for future problems. You could also be at risk of voiding your warranty protection by not getting the manufacturer recommended repair.
Why isn’t my new fridge cold?
After being plugged in, it can take 12 to 24 hours for your refrigerator and freezer to reach the desired temperatures.
Is it normal for my refrigerator to run constantly?
No. As a first step, check that the condenser coils are clean and the unit has at least 1 inch of clearance between it and the wall. If this does not solve your problem call us for refrigerator repair.
Why are there suds left in my washing machine?
You have been using the wrong detergent or too much detergent. Be sure you are using HE detergent for HE washing machines. With any detergent, remember that detergent manufacturers often recommend using more than you actually need.
How long should it take to dry a load of laundry?
The average time to dry a large load of laundry is about 45 minutes. If your dryer is taking more than an hour, something is wrong. As a first step, check that your lint trap and exhaust vent are clear. If this does not fix the problem, call us for dryer repair.
Why isn’t my dishwasher draining?
It is normal for there to be a bit of water left at the bottom of your dishwasher. This helps prevent the seals and pump from drying out, becoming brittle, and leaking. However if your dishwasher doesn’t drain at all, you should call us for dishwasher repair right away.
Why won’t my gas burners light?
Assuming your gas is connected and flowing, the problem could be anything from clogged air holes to a faulty spark igniter. You can clean air holes yourself with a safety pin, but be sure the gas is turned off before you try it.
Why is my oven glowing, but not heating?
You are seeing the “glow bar,” which is a type of igniter system used in many gas ovens. The gas should ignite when the bar becomes red hot. If this does not happen, you may need a new igniter or a new gas valve.
How can I decide if my appliance is worth repairing?
You can rely on your American Appliance Repair technician to provide their honest professional opinion as to the wisdom of repairing versus replacing your aging or severely damaged appliance. They will give you an estimate for the repair as well as their opinion on the overall condition of the appliance and how much longer you can expect it to last if you make the repair. This will help you make an informed decision about getting your appliance repair.