There are some washing machine problems that can be repaired affordably and easily. Other issues with washers and dryers require the units to be replaced. If you are not sure which type of issue you are dealing with, consider these six signs that likely indicate it is time to replace your unit. If you have questions, contact American Appliance Repair at 800-640-9934 for help.
- Significant Leaking If you have a washing machine that is leaking then it is time to contact an appliance repair company. This is a very obvious sign that there is something going in. In most cases, it is an issue with a loose connection or overflowing. Older machines may need to be replaced, though we may also be able to show you how to load it so that it does not leak.
- A Lot of Noise Yes, your washing machine makes noise but if it sounds like it’s heading for the moon when you turn it on, there is a good chance it is not balanced correctly. This is generally something you can fix yourself. However, if the temporary fixes do not offer permanent solutions, or your washer becomes unbalanced several times during a single load, it may be time to replace the unit.
- Moving Washers Your washing machine should not move while it is cleaning, rinsing, or spinning. If you notice that it is swaying so hard that it appears to be walking, then you should consider that it may be time to replace your washing machine.
- Water No Longer Fills the Drum If you have noticed that the washer does not fill up completely with water, then you may have a delayed cycle selected, there could be a kink in your hose, or it could be a larger issue with your hot and cold water faucets. If none of these are the cause then it could be time to replace your washer.
- You’ve Had Your Washer Longer Than Eight Years No washing machine can last forever. Newer options often last 11+ years but older options do not. If you have had your washer for more than eight years then it is likely time to get a new one.
- You Have a Top Load Washer Front-loading washers are much more affordable to repair than top-loading washers. Top loaders also use more water, are outdated, and not as efficient. For this reason, it often does not make sense to repair them when replacement comes with so many advantages.
If you are in need of washing machine repairs, we recommend contacting American Appliance Repair at 800-640-9934.